Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We Was Robbed

Well the final tally is in and so is JD Fortune as the new lead singer for INXS. I'll listen to their past catalog, but I can't fathom buying any new INXS music. Maybe Marty wasn't the best for the band. His style really is suited to more modern music and he still has The Lovehammers and if they do open for INXS, there may be more people for the opening act than for the main show. I'm sure I am expressing some sour grapes, but if anyone except Marty won, it should have been Mig. I can't get the Elvis growl out of my head when JD sings. I keep waiting for him to curl his lip and say, "Thank you. Thank you very much." Oh well, I'll look forward to new music by Marty Casey, most likely with the bandmates that supported him throughout the show. The Lovehammers showed their class and support for their friend and frontman, Marty, throughout all of Rock Star. That is worth buying another of their albums just for the stylish way they didn't whine that their lead singer made an attempt to front a more established band. Good job, Marty, good job.

No comments: