Sunday, February 04, 2007

Today is Super

Has it really been 21 years since the Bears beat the Patriots in New Orleans? Once again the Bears are playing a team from the original AFC East, though the Colts were moved to the AFC South (I thought that Indy was in the Midwest, but what do I know?). Anyways, everyone outside of Chicago is saying that it is Peyton Manning's year. Time to finally win the big one for the best quarterback not to win a Super Bowl in the current group of the better quarterbacks. Maybe it is his time, but if it hadn't been for the porous New England defense in the final quarter of the AFC Championship game, Tom Brady would be back in the big game.

I look for the Bears defense and special teams to stand up very well against the Colts. The two coaches, who know each other well, will be evenly matched, and if Rex Grossman can have even a decent game, the Bears will win. Peyton is good, no doubt. I saw him shred the Chicago defense for four touchdowns a couple of years ago at Soldier Field. I think it was during Lovie's first year in 2004. The Bears defenders looked like the proverbial "deer in the headlights," but there is something different about this team so far in the playoffs.

The pre-game is already going on the local radio stations and most likely on TV, though my son is spending the morning watching the Disney Channel, so I wouldn't know. I'll be getting the Buffalo Wings ready for the game and waiting for the new commercials to go along with what I hope will be a great game.

Contrary to my prediction if the Patriots and the Bears were playing, I am going to stick with the hometown team... Bears 27 Colts 24. Good as Gould in the last minute of the game.

No comments: