Friday, March 17, 2006

March Madness

It is that time of the year again when I stay up late to watch basketball, much to the chagrin of my wife. Indiana's fortunate 3 pointer, George Washington's miraculous comeback, Boston College's fortunate recovery, Adam Morrison bring Gonzaga back once again were all bracket savers. I picked 12 over 5 with UW-Milwaukee, but picked the wrong 12 over 5 with Utah State-Washington and didn't pick 12 over 5, Texas A&M over Syracuse. So much for the second round Syracuse win or for that matter, Marquette. Fortunately no money is on the line and 12 for 16 on the first day was okay. If they could all be the Minneapolis section I would have done great.

It is primary time in Illinois and next week we'll know who will face Governor of Great Hair Blagojevich. Most likely it will be JB Topinka, but wouldn't it be great if there were a major upset and Bill Brady from Bloomington gets the nod. I think it makes for fun alliteration to say Bill Brady from Bloomington. And besides, can we really rally behind an accordion player who isn't on the Lawrence Welk Show?

Let's see how today's tourney goes. Maybe a few of my upset picks will pan out.

No comments: