Friday, January 13, 2006

I Can't Feel My Face

The left side of my face has been almost numb for the past few days. I have been home from work for the past few days unable to do much reading or writing due to the swelling in my face from an infection. I'm just now able to look at the computer screen long enough to put a few words down on the screen.

I've spent several hours over this time listening to the Alito hearings. I know, what a nerd! In some ways it is like listening to the Old Time Comedy Radio series. You've got the windbags like Kennedy and Schuler and then you've got the panderers like Brownback and Hagel. Are the Senate hearings just an opportunity to hear the Senators expound upon the already overactive profundity or is it to actually have a clue about determining the next Supreme Court Justice. It appears that the vote will most likely go according to each party's line and with a Republican majority and enough crossover votes, Judge Alito will become our next Supreme Court Judge.

1 comment:

sharon said...

Hope you are feeling better. Thankful you are back at writing this blog. Keeps me updated with life there! Blessings-