Friday, March 04, 2005

Sunny (HA!) Southern California

Here I am in Holywood and the weather is wet and cool. Still warmer than Freeport, but not the sit in the sun and warm my bones weather, either. I always think about the changes that I can make in writing my column, or in my practice and now I am inspired to push forward with the project of improving the level of care for the patients in Freeport and the surrounding communities. There is a standard of excellence in the metropolitan areas for diabetic foot care
and now we need to transfer this to more rural communities like our own. There is a great deal of hope and promise in the field of diabetic foot care and wound care and this needs to be the standard not only in the big cities, but in the smaller communities, as well. My associate and I are at the international Diabetic Foot Conference in Hollywood. It is an international who's who in diabetic foot care. My first priority is to find more ways to educate the populace and then find a way to get our wound care center up and running. There is much work to be done, but it will be worth it if we can help more of the population with diabetes.

No comments: